• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Windows 7 "God Mode"

MisterFatty

Poppin Fresh!
Aug 1, 2008
Although its name suggests perhaps even grander capabilities, Windows enthusiasts are excited over the discovery of a hidden "GodMode" feature that lets users access all of the operating system's control panels from within a single folder.

Step 1: Right click.

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder this, "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel.

--->Have heard that you don't have to name it "GodMode", but what ever name you put before ----.{ED7B.... will be the name of the folder

Understanding Windows 7's 'GodMode' | Beyond Binary - CNET News

i just took 7 off my computer .after receiving the upgrade cd`s i ran them over my vista (took hours)and once done my computer took 10 minutes to load .
so i started googling.....apparently alot of folks who took the upgrade are having this long boot problem .

i was kidding with the wife when i said "oh i know why they named it 7 .it takes at least 7 minutes to boot up ."

other than that it ran good but i couldnt deal with the boot time and there being no fix for it ,so i ran my recovery software and i am back on vista .

i hear the full version is the way to go .

do you have a full version of 7 hamer?how long is your boot time?
it took a good ten minutes until you could do anything with the computer for me .couldnt hang with that .

I have a Gateway GT5414E with Windows Vista and i downloaded the Windows 7 home version and so far i have no problems BUT i am not a computer geek. I am still learning this new tech. toy we had for a couple of years now. Hmmmm i may have to try that new folder also i run Google Chrome i think it is faster browser

Yea I've heard upgrade can be troublesome, I never do upgrades, always do clean installs, you save yourself from potential issues most of the time...

I've got my PC set up to Dual Boot, Windows XP, and Windows 7, mainly because I run some older software that won't run under 7... It takes 27 seconds for my computer to boot to the desktop in Windows 7, and it takes 30 Seconds to get the same place in XP. Definitely runs well for me..

A clean install is a must when dealing with Vista. I would re-install Windows 7, and at the beginng of the install - it will have the option to fully format the hard disc.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"...

I am one of the guinea pigs for Microsoft Windows 7. I put it on my second hard drive; but I fully formatted that disc first before the install. No long boot-up problem whatsoever.

It is a dual-boot setup. I find myself still using Xp most of the time though. I must abmit, that Windows 7 really optimizes the hardware very well. I still like Xp better; but that is me.

I wonder if the keyboard shortcut IDDQD would work, or if any other cheats are available like IDFA, or IDKFA, or IDCHOMPERS, IDCLIP, IDCLEV#?, IDCHOPPERS and IDBEHOLD.

I wonder if the keyboard shortcut IDDQD would work, or if any other cheats are available like IDFA, or IDKFA, or IDCHOMPERS, IDCLIP, IDCLEV#?, IDCHOPPERS and IDBEHOLD.

LOL, those are some I've not used in a while, depends on the sense of humor or lack of...

I always thought it was cool how they put the microscopic pictures, and greets on ICs (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.