• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wolf .64 measurements

B

BOOTY MONSTER

Wolf Radio.com CB, Ham, Pirate Radio Antennas [CB Antenna]

the site says its 22 feet tall . is that from the feed-point , the ground elements or the bottom of the mounting hub ?
any idea on what the length of the vertical would be without the two coils and the top hat ?
what is the length of the gamma bracket at the top from the feed-point ?
how far away from the main vertical is the top and bottom of the gamma match ?

That is from the bottom of the mounting base to the pointy tip of the cap hat but can be varied to achieve resonance and the swr can be manipulated at the gamma match.

If it ain't actually .64 wavelengths long it ain't gonna behave like a .64.

Any loading will make it shorter even if it IS an electrical .64.

Just thought I'd mention this because I've read pages and pages where this seems to be ignored.

if i could just get the measurements of the gamma that would help . i want to try a gamma on the home brew before i get additional tubing/materials to make it into a vector , that way i can easily and cheaply get some experience making and tuning with a gamma match . i did notice on the wolf that the tube part of the gamma is up top vs. on the bottom on the sigma . from a weathering stand point that makes more sense because the top of the gamma tube can be easily sealed/capped and water wont generally run up into it where the rod enters below it .

but the vector had its tube part at the bottom ........ do gammas have a phase or polarity ? does it matter which end is up ?

the site says its 22 feet tall . is that from the feed-point , the ground elements or the bottom of the mounting hub ?
any idea on what the length of the vertical would be without the two coils and the top hat ?

i guess nobody knows :(

if i could just get the measurements of the gamma that would help . i want to try a gamma on the home brew before i get additional tubing/materials to make it into a vector , that way i can easily and cheaply get some experience making and tuning with a gamma match . i did notice on the wolf that the tube part of the gamma is up top vs. on the bottom on the sigma . from a weathering stand point that makes more sense because the top of the gamma tube can be easily sealed/capped and water wont generally run up into it where the rod enters below it .

but the vector had its tube part at the bottom ........ do gammas have a phase or polarity ? does it matter which end is up ?

Booty spend some cash and buy the antenna so you can give us all the measurements, make sure it is in inches for us can't wait I wanna build one real soon,. please hurry it's getting nice out Thanks :LOL:

Oh, I will give you a freebie, a gamma is a inductor and a capacitor in series it doesnt matter which end goes where, when you tune it it basically becomes a tuned circuit.

Last edited:
MrSuburban i am so glad folks like you are a minority on this forum !!!!!

i come here to learn and share what little i think i know . i understand you know a boat load more than i ever will about RF . but i also understand you act like a fracking azz hole . you seem to only shares information when you think it gives you the chance to beat your chest thinking your level of RF knowledge is far advanced of EVERYONE else here . i dont know if your real problem is having a small penis , or having your lunch money stolen as a kid or you were on the receiving of so many wedgies that your asshole has been jacked up into your head .... or some other issue . but i suspect we will never see a post from you that isn't self serving to your ego .

get some help and have a nice day .

Last edited by a moderator:
MrSuburban i am so glad folks like you are a minority on this forum !!!!!

i come here to learn and share what little i think i know . i understand you know a boat load more than i ever will about RF . but i also understand you act like a fracking azz hole . you seem to only shares information when you think it gives you the chance to beat your chest thinking your level of RF knowledge is far advanced of EVERYONE else here . i dont know if your real problem is having a small penis , or having your lunch money stolen as a kid or you were on the receiving of so many wedgies that your asshole has been jacked up into your head .... or some other issue . but i suspect we will never see a post from you that isn't self serving to your ego .

get some help and have a nice day .

I was hoping you would buy one and provide some info, whats so worng in that instead of expecting it to be handed to you at every turn. I have seen alot of your post on this and other forums Dont go there about how I act. Now didnt i tell you how a gamma works you ingrateful SOB, instead you worry about my penis size, and if I ever had my lunch money stolen. Well let me assure you it never happend I was the bully and I brought my lunch to school and i dont wear underwear so wrong on all counts. You need the help, I guess well never see a post from you that isn't asking for frrebies and handout and serving your own CB ego. (y)

i dont wanna buy one , i wanna build a stronger version that what can be bought .

Sometimes the bickering around here can get old, but.

ahhhhhh well ok all i can say right now is that is the funnest damned Signature Picture to date, I almost shat my pants howling at that one.

I got to go walk around and catch my breath.

Jeff

my original .64 is 7.062metrs from base to top

grettings!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.