• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

XM RADIO

hahaha...now that's funny! Why? because I've only been interfered with about 900 times...whenever I drive by someone using XM and my car radio is on a frequency not too far away from one that their wireless system uses! Just goes to show you that the FCC pays attention to the guys with the $$$$.

hahaha...now that's funny! Why? because I've only been interfered with about 900 times...whenever I drive by someone using XM and my car radio is on a frequency not too far away from one that their wireless system uses! Just goes to show you that the FCC pays attention to the guys with the $$$$.

I've had XM for several years now and I really don't use it myself much but the log and chains do and it's only until about a month ago the wife told me about this happening in her car from the kids xm in the house and at first I thought she'd lost her marbles but sure as hell I did some troubleshooting and it turns out that we have two different models of thier recievers that do the exact thing the FCC claims it does.

So I've put in an order for the free beads man.

I talked to them tonight.

HAd to change billing info.

It'll go ala carte.

Cool.

You use it in your big truck?

I talked to them tonight.

HAd to change billing info.

It'll go ala carte.

Cool.

You use it in your big truck?

I suppose I should have said that if you're using an older sirius reciever that was produced by Delphi you will be recieving a notice of interference issues from sirius.

I've recieved the ferrite bead kits from xm radio and installed them and they work to a degree to stop interference, if the reciever is more that 6' away from the other reciever they do stop all interference.

If you plug into the unit directly it turns off the built in transmitter... That is why they were first pushing the tape adapters or direct connection to head unit...

Skater
I plugged the cassette adapter in once then I smashed it with a ball peen hammer because it sucked hard.

I will have to test mine with another adapter I have to see if it still radiates through the antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.