• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YAESU FRG7 - ADDING A DIGITAL FREQUENCY DISPLAY

howard.a.s

Sep 20, 2009
Hello. I own a Yaesu FRG 7 receiver and have read that it's possible to add a digital frequency readout.

Can anyone tell me if there is a kit available for purchase which I can then build and fit, including all components and instructions. Or, if not, what parts are required, where to buy them, and where to get construction and fitting details.:headbang

I am able to build electronics kits no problem, and own a soldering iron, multimeter, etc. but do not have more sophisticated equipment such as a signal generator, oscilloscope etc, so if these would be required I may as well give up before I begin.:thumbdown:

I would ideally have liked to build the display into a separate case which can sit on the receiver top, connected by means of a cable perhaps to a socket on the rear of the receiver. Would this be a possiblity, or would any circuitry have to be contained within the existing cabinet?:confused:

Any advice welcome.(y)

Freq counter kit

There are lots of freq counter kits for QRP I saw some from N3ZI on ebay for around $25 or less. They use a LCD and a pre-programmed microcontroller. I don't think they are backlighted.

N3ZI FREQUENCY COUNTER / DIGITAL DIAL SIMPLE KIT w/ PCB - eBay (item 130340941621 end time Nov-29-09 11:01:40 PST)

AADE makes 4 LCD based Almost All Digital Electronics
Norcal qrp club has some nice kits NorCal QRP Club - FCC-1 Frequency Counter Controller

LED's are more my preference

Here is a really neat receiver kit that has a LED counter sub assembly. Cool site.

http://www.pan-tex.net/usr/r/receivers/elrledfreqcntrconstr.htm

Hypo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.