• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-6E 50-54mhz mod

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
I've found an extended freq. mod.

The famous mod for ext. frequency on 2 mtr and 70 cm ( the 4th solderpoint). Is more extended as we all know.

When you remove this solderpoint the freq. range is 6 mtr as well. You can transmit between 50 Mhz and 54 Mhz The only thing is that you need a antenna for this frequency.

Diamond do have such a antenna for about $30.00 I'm not responsible for any dammage on your porto. It works very good for me.

Reactions: CIGAR DUDE

What is a diamond antenna 15"? If it is simply a Diamond antenna that is 15 inches long then that is a crap shoot and likely the answer is no. If it was designed for 6m than the answer is yes. You need a 6m antenna for 6m. An exception is using a 2m 5/8 wave baseloaded antenna on6m where it functions as a 1/4 wave but it is about 48 inches long.

What is a diamond antenna 15"? If it is simply a Diamond antenna that is 15 inches long then that is a crap shoot and likely the answer is no. If it was designed for 6m than the answer is yes. You need a 6m antenna for 6m. An exception is using a 2m 5/8 wave baseloaded antenna on6m where it functions as a 1/4 wave but it is about 48 inches long.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated