• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yagi for Windows questions

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
In looking at the YM image below, the SWR shows to be very good match in the center of the band of choice while Z does not. This was my first attempt using this software and I have a question or two.

How is this result possible?

I can't seem to get the Z to R=50 X=0, why?

In the example below the antenna shows inductance. I can reduce this inductance (adding capacitance) by reducing the length of the elements. However, when doing so the resistance goes away, because I have no way of tweaking the matching device it seems.

MC, am I missing something?

(Edit)

MC, I found out that you have to manually recalculate the match every time you update adjustments to the size of elements in order to fix the output.

Yea, my version is dated 2000 and was in the 19th edition of the ARRL Antenna Book.

MC are you able to tweak one of the 10 meter models into 11 meters and get the feedpoint impedance to about 50 ohms with 0 reactance using the gamma or the hairpin?

I have not tried to create a model in ASCII yet. Is that the way to go?

I have not tried to scale and existing model yet, maybe that is the best way to go.

Thanks for you input.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.