• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima 10/11/12 Meter Export Radio reviewed @ cbradiomagazine.com

I just received mine from from YeticomNZ. I will be putting it through it's paces and will post back my findings. It landed here in Canada at approximately $340.00 with shipping and handling. (Canadian $ = 1 US $ [par])

A very interesting radio. Dave Donaldson sent me a "Test results and specs" PDF. I have attached it here. I have also attached the latest version of the operating manual. BTW - The front panel escutcheon reads "AM/FM/SSB HF TRANSCEIVER" not "CB".

Attachments

• Optima test results and specs Rev 2 March 2011.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 149
  • Optima 2011 Operating Manual rev3 March 2011.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
the lewis family is sitting on a goldmine, yet they keep churning out clones of junk. if they would do this, they would have a winner. from somebody who spent $600 on a loaded ar3500 back in the 80's, i'd certainly consider $340 for one of these. beats a magnum 257hp hands down. just 3db less output and a whole bunch more features for only 90 bucks more. what a deal!

Dave,
The radio sounded really good here in the states the day that we talked. I believe you said your were using the stock mic, which it was very clear and sounded really good for a stock.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated