• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your advice please

TimberGhost

Jul 19, 2007
I have a Galaxy DX959 and a President HR2510 with a chipswitch installed. Both are not working and I am going to bring one to the CB shop to get it repaired.

Which one would you have fixed if you were only going to fix one??

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Joe

Agree on the 2510. Remember, the 959 is a legal 40 channel cb set with the Galaxy name stuck on it. Nice radio but nothing special.

Thanks for the response everyone I think I am going to get he 2510 repaired. With that chipswitch in it there are a lot of features like HAM and military channels that I do really miss.

Thanks for the help guys.

Do yourself a favor and send the2510 to Doc at Doc's Electronics. Here is his info......
DOC'S Electronics 248 Doat Street * Buffalo, NY 14211
E-Mail: doc@hr2510.homeip.net / Main Office: 716-893-2505

He is without a doubt, the formost expert on the president series radios and very reasonably price. He will have that radio doing 50-55 watts with variable power, incase you want to run a amp.

KI4MSJ said:
Do yourself a favor and send the2510 to Doc at Doc's Electronics. Here is his info......
DOC'S Electronics 248 Doat Street * Buffalo, NY 14211
E-Mail: doc@hr2510.homeip.net / Main Office: 716-893-2505

He is without a doubt, the formost expert on the president series radios and very reasonably price. He will have that radio doing 50-55 watts with variable power, incase you want to run a amp.

ABSOLUTELY!!! I agree 100%

2510 all the way Timber , if you don't want the broken 959 no more ? I'd gladly take it off your hands ......shoot !! I'd even pay the shipping !! :p

Id say it depends on what you want to do with the radio. If you are going mobile, especially in a big truck id go for the 959. The 2510 will not last long in a big truck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?