• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your base antennas story .

B

BOOTY MONSTER

isolated or grounded ?
with or with out ground radials ?
difference with added radials or radial kit ?
mounted on roof , side of house , tower ?
more than one antenna ?
guy material ?

seems theres are situations where each excells over the other . and each install will have its own unique conditions , as well as different antennas . just wondering what yalls performance with your grounding scheme and your antenna was like .

isolated or grounded ?
with or with out ground radials ?
difference with added radials or radial kit ?
mounted on roof , side of house , tower ?
more than one antenna ?
guy material ?

seems theres are situations where each excells over the other . and each install will have its own unique conditions , as well as different antennas . just wondering what yalls performance with your grounding scheme and your antenna was like .
isolated or grounded ? ISOLATED
with or with out ground radials ? WITHOUT RADIALS
difference with added radials or radial kit ? CAN'T SAY
mounted on roof , side of house , tower ? TOP OF FLAT 10FT GARAGE
more than one antenna ? ONE ANTENNA, SOON TO BE THREE
guy material ? DACRON

The Never Ending Story

That's how my tale goes. I was in the process of trying the isolation when mother nature isolated my antenna for me.

I was on a loner A99 until Marconi posted a thread about a water hole for drainage on the antenna so I had to pull it down to see if I clogged it or not. I did.

My Never Ending Story is about to take flight with a complete tale of an Obsessively Compulsive Trucker and his snake named Merlin as I provide a detailed account of this new adventure.

28qyemx.jpg

2cn6qz5.jpg

2qlr9fr.jpg

otj2w0.jpg

Hey Cajun, I have a Wolf .64 that uses a similar feed point mount to feed the gamma match and Wolf covers the top of the mount where the wire goes in with a nice big glob of epoxy to help keep out the water.

Good pictures. Keep us posted on the Merlin when you get it up.

Don't trash the antenna. Let the A99 dry out, then check the SWR, it should be fine. The water won't hurt it unless maybe it has been trapped in there for a long time. Check the coax though, it may still have water in it. You may not notice an SWR problem with the coax, but if the water has damaged the shield then you might see some attentuation of signal, a very good SWR, an unusual broadband width, and a quiter RX than usual antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated