• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy SSB receive questions

I understand where your coming from now.
Yes, sometimes those eBay purchases burn you.. Sometimes techs burn you too.. I got in to radio a bit late and didn’t spend money on new radios.. I should have bought some galaxies new when I had the chance.. Oh well… I bought a 959B new and had to send it off because it was off frequency and sounded bad on sideband.. I managed to pick up a 979F new in the box, but all my others are used.. I have a 95T2 that will change bands but won’t change channels.. That has been a fiasco…

Yes, sometimes those eBay purchases burn you.. Sometimes techs burn you too.. I got in to radio a bit late and didn’t spend money on new radios.. I should have bought some galaxies new when I had the chance.. Oh well… I bought a 959B new and had to send it off because it was off frequency and sounded bad on sideband.. I managed to pick up a 979F new in the box, but all my others are used.. I have a 95T2 that will change bands but won’t change channels.. That has been a fiasco…
Don't feel bad. I've had two new radios. A Uniden PC244 that somebody stole back in 1986, and the Anytone 5555+. Everything else has been an "at risk" purchase. Some turned out OK, some needed a little, or a lot, of work to get back to acceptable, and some were just straight up junk.

Reactions: Trainman 8274
I have a 95T2 that will change bands but won’t change channels.. That has been a fiasco…
That sounds like a bad channel switch, or the switch is missing the +vdc that feeds it. Could also be a PLL problem. Does it have receive and transmit on the one channel it does have on each band ?

That sounds like a bad channel switch, or the switch is missing the +vdc that feeds it. Could also be a PLL problem. Does it have receive and transmit on the one channel it does have on each band ?
Howdy,

Yes, I can make it receive and transmit on one channel. I put a PLL chip in it, so its probably the channel switch or it could be the 8vdc. It worked for about 1/2 hour when i got it together with a good amp board and stuff, then died. It'll need some slugs in IF cans, too and a good alignment. I started with a bad purchase of a 95T, so in looking for parts, I bought this 95t2. While looking at it, it transmitted and seemed to be in better working condition than the 95t. So I started working on it. Needless to say its been a challenge and frustrating and I should have bought one that worked....

Don't feel bad. I've had two new radios. A Uniden PC244 that somebody stole back in 1986, and the Anytone 5555+. Everything else has been an "at risk" purchase. Some turned out OK, some needed a little, or a lot, of work to get back to acceptable, and some were just straight up junk.
TM86, I dont feel bad. I just get frustrated.. I've had fun Constantly buying. lol! Ive bought stuff and traded and met some great people. I've been learning about repairing radios and I read a lot here. I see a lot of good advice and help here, vs ridicule and scorn for trying to fix a radio..

Just an update… I was not happy with having no meter movement on sideband, so while adjusting L11 and L12, I cracked the slugs… I put it aside for a while and remembered I had a junk 95T, so I took L11 and 12 from it and now have good receive and meter movement, so I suspect either L11 or L12 was bad.. Thanks for all the help!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.