• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Golden Eagle Model T68/R68 CB Base Station for sale $350 plus shipping...

What am I missing here? Not a single comment or potential buyer? Great looking radio at a fantastic price. Where is everybody?

What am I missing here? Not a single comment or potential buyer? Great looking radio at a fantastic price. Where is everybody?
It's a gorgeous radio at a fantastic price. I just don't do vintage gear anymore........ radios like that Golden Eagle are well over a half century old, and upkeep is expensive and parts often hard to get.
Besides, the modern gear is more powerful, more versatile with frequencies, more efficient, and takes up way way way less of my desk space! To each their own !

It's a gorgeous radio at a fantastic price. I just don't do vintage gear anymore........ radios like that Golden Eagle are well over a half century old, and upkeep is expensive and parts often hard to get.
Besides, the modern gear is more powerful, more versatile with frequencies, more efficient, and takes up way way way less of my desk space! To each their own !
But.... None of the radios you like will be around a half century from now. A refurbished Browning that is done right will out talk and out receive any new Chinese radio. Put a small amp behind it and they can't be beat. And there will still be working Brownings another hald century from now if anyone is still using CB. But then again I'm a Browning guy.

Reactions: Riverman
But.... None of the radios you like will be around a half century from now. A refurbished Browning that is done right will out talk and out receive any new Chinese radio. Put a small amp behind it and they can't be beat. And there will still be working Brownings another hald century from now if anyone is still using CB. But then again I'm a Browning guy.
Not sure it matters. I would be astonished if CB radio is still any kind of thing half a century from now. Not when half the people on the band are busy trying to ruin it with splatterbox amps, noise toys, overdriven mics, political rants, racist crap, and every other kind of idiocy you can think of !
As well, you've probably noticed that there's no young people on CB.......it's all us old farts and we're dying off fast.
Also, to expect that you will still be able to find tubes or other parts for the Browning in 50 years is crazy. It's hard enough to find parts now !

You are absolutely correct though that a Chinese radio isn't going to last 50 years. The thing is nobody is expecting them to. The Anytones and there ilk are cheap radios that work very very well. When it dies you just buy another one for cheap. They're not Icom's or Kenwood's or Browning's or Vintage Cobra's that are expected to last for decades...........

Like I said above, it's to each their own. I love and appreciate the vintage gear, I just don't have the desire to own or maintain it anymore. I feel the exact same way about cars and trucks. I drove 60's GMC and International trucks forever, but I got tired of the endless maintenance (and the gas consumption). I sold them all and now I drive a 2005 Toyota SUV, and use a utility trailer if I need more space.

Reactions: unit_399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1