• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 Meter Open Today

kd-5-bgt

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 10, 2007
Joplin Missouri area
I am glad to say that 10 meter has been open around dusk today,getting good solid contacts from 500 to 1200 miles out.....good fun to run 10 for a while,maybe it will be open tomorrow ;)

10 meter wasn't as busy as 11 meter/27.385LSB was/is today.
I had several QSO's with WA, OR, ID, WY, MT, UT, CO, NM, AZ, AL,TN, NC, WV, TX, and HI. BC and MX too.

I listened to 10 for a little while; just didn't have nearly as many Hams on it as it should/could have.

Regardless of what band it was, sure was glad it happened just the same!

I will agree Robb !! and I am still cruising 10,band is unstable..signals are in and out but it is open...17 20 40 and 80 have been wide open the past few days,hearing europe early in the morning and am catching Austrailia about dusk...down under is really weak for me but I am hearing them

Cant wait for about another year to pass ;)

YEP, I worked Argentina on 10 and snagged an Australian stn also last evening around 8 pm on 10, hopefully this is things to come.

DOCTOR/795

10 watts wont do anything when your working a pileup.

thats what i hate about the sun on an upswing.

I'm at work but just walked out to my truck and tuned around 10 meters. I heard the VE4TEN beacon (28.210)in Winnepeg at S1-3 and a very weak K7 in Oregon in an active ssb qso. Maybe 10 is going to pop this afternoon. I'm in Michigan.

I just spun through 10 a bit ago,there are a few scattered signals in the tech portion ,they are weak but they are there,made a nice contact to southern Mexico on 17 meters....looks like the bands are on the upswing for the summer months

and there is no better feeling that busting a pile up running qrp

but on the other hand...life is to short for ye old qrp

I always wonder where are the tech operators, or are they still on 2 meters. By the stats should be a bunch on 10 meters.

DOCTOR/705

I am a tech and if there is conditions I am on 10.

I like it much better dxing.

AP

10 is my favorite band. I've had my Extra Class ticket for 23 years and am much more active whan 10 meters is hopping. There's plenty of space, you don't need a lot of power or a giant directional antenna. I'm also a member of 10-10 International and try to operate in the 10-10 on-air activities.

I was first licensed during the upswing of cycle 22 and for those of you who have not experienced 10 meters during a solar peak you are going to have a ball. It's incredible.

Here's to hoping 10 is back! (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: