• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter wide open today/tonite

ghutch

Sep 24, 2010
Shut it off at9pm and it was open still!
Japan,Jakarta,Hawaii, Australia, Norway,Finland,Scotland,Canada, Brazil,Wales,Puerto Rico, coming in from all directions....non stop.
The JA stations were 59 plus....good stuff
Now let's see what 20 has to offer!! (y)

yup, I shut off at 11PM EST and there were still a fair amount of stations out there, for once I wasn't run out by the "south of the border"crew

Not as open as yesterday but still good....driving home 5/5-9 signals from Japan, some Australian stations and TX5D Austral island! The TX5D was working a split and it too much knob turning etc to safely work him.....he was 5/9+ Somewhere in the pacific...had a pile up calling him. Sounded like everyone was running a kilowatt! QRP ON TEN METERS IS 500watts???
I'll see what's happening a bit later as the greyline starts coming on here....:D

Reactions: 1 person
Not as open as yesterday but still good....driving home 5/5-9 signals from Japan, some Australian stations and TX5D Austral island! The TX5D was working a split and it too much knob turning etc to safely work him.....he was 5/9+ Somewhere in the pacific...had a pile up calling him. Sounded like everyone was running a kilowatt! QRP ON TEN METERS IS 500watts???
I'll see what's happening a bit later as the greyline starts coming on here....:D

booming again tonight, farthest contact to date to Brazil/CA7CAQ who is approx 5613 miles out. Amazed how well my ghetto setup is doing

Instead of hitting 20m I went to 10m instead after work and wow!
Thanks Ghutch for heads up!

Many JH and JA stations coming in with some great signals 5/9+ to
Ohio.
Between 5pm till about 7pm was very active, think need to get
on a little earlier and give it a try.

Also, so use to 20m band size - 10m has a lot of real estate to explore!

On 11m 25div was also coming in last night, sig 4/5.

Philip

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.