• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 turn clarified 20K pot question.

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.
So instead of changing the clarified mod on a radio I have hear and because I never did a 10 turn clarified. Am I buying the right pot if I see 3 wire hookups. All listings are shown like this. But do have. 3 terminals Rotary Potentiometers Pot 10 Turn Variable Dial Resistor Wirewound. And I do know I need a 20K.

The ten-turn pot as a clarifier can get tedious without a turns-count dial on it. The exact resistance value may not be critical, since you'll probably connect the left end to ground and the right-hand end to the 8 Volt supply. May want to unhook some of the fixed resistors that serve to help center the factory control.

And the exact details differ from one circuit board type to the next.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
I also noticed on the picture of the 10 turn the solder tabs are in a row. and one appears to be a copper color. I have not ordered a pot. yet but I imagine it would probably have some paperwork with it.

Thanks Nomad I guess it is printed on the pot.
s-l1600.jpg

They also make it easy to understand. Sort of like the Common lug on a 3 way house switch. The common is a copper color and the other 2 screws are silver.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.