• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

13.8 Power Cord Size

I looked forever until I stumbled upon this guy. Can't remember the part number. Like a dumbass, I didn't write it down. On the good side, He DOES have what you need and is very prompt with email questions. I THINK, this is the one you need. It is a take-off, but comes with fresh pins: CB3PP-FP take apart 3-pin plug, fresh pins crimp/solder onto wire to build power cord
I'll check that out. Thanks

Reactions: Greg T
Took possession of a 5555N2. Verified it is 14-gauge wire
The wire is a little on the light side for that radio. First thing I did when I got my 5555N2 was to pull out an old Cobra power cable made of 12 gauge from my stuff and used that instead of the crap 14 gauge one that came with the radio.
I hate inline fuses too, so I replaced it with one of those newer automotive fuse type holders that have the rubber cap & use the color coded plastic fuses. Much better system.....

I assume the power cord plug is the standard type 3-pin? Cobra etc.
The wire is a little on the light side for that radio. First thing I did when I got my 5555N2 was to pull out an old Cobra power cable made of 12 gauge from my stuff and used that instead of the crap 14 gauge one that came with the radio.
I hate inline fuses too, so I replaced it with one of those newer automotive fuse type holders that have the rubber cap & use the color coded plastic fuses. Much better system.....
I assume the power cord plug is the standard type 3-pin? Cobra etc.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.