• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 Meter Antenna Location

The antenna pictured (Larson NMO2/70B) is the one I want. I just want to be able to make it work on the roof of the car as my first option. I can go as far as 15 inches away from the other antenna and put in on the passenger side of the car. Will the 15 inches in distance be workable? If that option is not workable then I may go to the fender mount. Then glass mount as last resort.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 230
Ok guys I'm still comtemplating on the antenna location so bare with me. I've never had multiple antennas on a vehicle before and was unaware of the complications that can occur. Still trying to understand how the two antennas conflict with one another if only using one radio at a time. I can get maybe 20 inches distance in the general location I'm looking at. If I can't mount it here then I may have to do the fender mount but I really don't want to. I want to roof mount it. If I DO go ahead and mount the antenna 20 inches away from the the 11/10 meter antenna what will happen? Forgive the ignorance I'm just trying to educate myself before making the decision. Will there be a change in swr just because there is another antenna physically on the car rather it's being used or not? Is it the same theory as being parked next to a metal building as far as the tune of the antenna? Just trying to figure this thing out with your guys help. I've seen on another ham site a suv with 5 antennae 1 10/11 meter antenna, a scanner antenna, and 3 ham antennas. He said the antennas was installed by a 2 way radio shop and there was no problems with tune or overload but all the other members were saying he'd have problems. So I'm kind of confused on this a little.bare with me I'm just trying to get as much info as I can. Bottom line question is if I mount it 20 inches away what will it do as far as my meter readings just by physically being on the car? And if I did have both radios on at the same time how much of a problem would overload be from 11/10 meters to 2 meters being so far apart? Thanks again for further info.

The antenna pictured (Larson NMO2/70B) is the one I want. I just want to be able to make it work on the roof of the car as my first option. I can go as far as 15 inches away from the other antenna and put in on the passenger side of the car. Will the 15 inches in distance be workable? If that option is not workable then I may go to the fender mount. Then glass mount as last resort.

All I can say is try it and see. The Larsen 2/70B is a really good antenna.

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.