• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2meter 6 meter and 440

panama

Apr 6, 2005
IOWA
home.mchsi.com
is there a base out there with all three bands plus a built in antenna tuner any advice on this subject would be very grateful thank you panama backen out

panamasig.gif
</p>

You can also find a Yaesu FT-767 GX CAT. It has slots for 2m, 6m and 440 that you can get and plug in and then you will have it all as well.

I have the 767 with the 2m module so far. When I can afford it, I will get the other 2.

The 767 is in my sig :)

brandnew.gif
</p>

panama

Here's a mobile radio by Yaesu.

FT-8900R, covers 10 meters 6 meters 2 meters and 70 centimeters. Price is about $390.00.

Main</p>

Bio,

I'm a little chilly. 0 degrees right now outside. -2 when I got up. 22 degrees in the welding shop and only 52 degrees (machine shop) where I'm sitting.

How you doing?

Main</p>

There are a lot of radios that do those bands plus HF. Icom 706MKIIG, Yaesu FT100D and the Kenwood TS2000. They all run off of 12 volts, the Kenwood is more base like but the other 2 are comparable to a CB size radio.

Along with the other radios mentioned, Yaesu makes a FT736 & FT726. Both are discontinued models but come stock with 144 & 440 all modes except AM. They have plug in modules for the other bands. They have built in AC supplies. I have the 736 with a 6 meter module.

If your only interested in a FM radio there are bunches of multiband radios made for mobile use.

Not sure what your interested in, but if it is going out of band to get FRS, GMRS and other frequencies, get a FM only radio. The front end of the all mode radios tend to be a little tighter.

I’m in the market for a mobile radio with similar bands. I want the Kenwood but it is twice the price of the Yaesu and ICOM. I’m leaning towards a Yaesu FT100D. Seem to be going for a few $ cheaper than the 706. About $729 new.

</p>

The Yaesu FT-736 as mentioned earlier,or maybe find a Kenwood TS-790 with the "6" module.

newsexy.gif
hook948.gif
newsexy.gif

smalllincoln.gif
Hot Rod Lincoln -Dancing around the World ! ...... CDX948 Central Texas, - Hook948@hotmail.com</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.