• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AMP SUPPLY LK-450 ARCING ISSUES.

NOT SURE WHATS arcing. I have removed the tube and used a veriac to bring the voltage up slow over several days and in doing so you can hear a crackle or snap occationally untill 105plus volts on the veriac and then it blows the fuse on the veriac when no one is around. High voltage on the meter is around 3000v when it blows the fuse.

NOT SURE WHATS arcing. I have removed the tube and used a veriac to bring the voltage up slow over several days and in doing so you can hear a crackle or snap occationally untill 105plus volts on the veriac and then it blows the fuse on the veriac when no one is around. High voltage on the meter is around 3000v when it blows the fuse.
I'd look at the electrolytic filter caps

Reactions: BJ radionut
It's an electronic minefield. If you don't know exactly where to step, "KABOOM!".

So to speak. But seriously, it has lethal voltages in it. High-voltage safety training is a must.

Even the pros will get careless and get "bit" from time to time.

Consider also that this amplifier is around 40 years old. If this were a car that old, you would expect to have multiple age issues to fix before taking a road trip. Never assume that an amplifier this old has "just one" thing wrong with it. The odds are against that likelihood.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.