• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anytone 5555n II issue

fuzzr

Feb 16, 2012
North Florida
New Anytone 5555n II radio swr protection circuit cuts on and stops my transmission. Have checked swr with two different meters and both show swr below 1.5. Have checked the time out funtion on radio and it is set at 180 seconds. I dont talk that long so I know thats not the problem. Any ideas, this has me wondering if I just have a bad radio.

New Anytone 5555n II radio swr protection circuit cuts on and stops my transmission. Have checked swr with two different meters and both show swr below 1.5. Have checked the time out funtion on radio and it is set at 180 seconds. I dont talk that long so I know thats not the problem. Any ideas, this has me wondering if I just have a bad radio.
What does the SWR meter in the radio show? You can turn off the SWR protection function. Background function menu #5.

What does the SWR meter in the radio show? You can turn off the SWR protection function. Background function menu #5.
The meter on radio does not show over 1.5. I am afraid if I disable it I may burn something up. The radio cuts transmission off and reverts to receive. the display will read BATHI, which after some digging around I found it is a trouble code for swr. Thank you for responding.

The meter on radio does not show over 1.5. I am afraid if I disable it I may burn something up. The radio cuts transmission off and reverts to receive. the display will read BATHI, which after some digging around I found it is a trouble code for swr. Thank you for re

BATHI is not SWR, That is overvoltage. Check your power supply.

Ok, I will check it , it's a 13.8 volt 10 amp regulated supply. I will do that later today since I don't have my meter here with me. I have a larger power supply coming today. According to the manual it requires 10 amps at modulation so may be that has something to do with it, I dont know. May I ask where you got the information about the BATHI, code. Thanks again.

Ok, I will check it , it's a 13.8 volt 10 amp regulated supply. I will do that later today since I don't have my meter here with me. I have a larger power supply coming today. According to the manual it requires 10 amps at modulation so may be that has something to do with it, I dont know. May I ask where you got the information about the BATHI, code. Thanks again.
BAT HI

Well, seems like the problem is solved. Thank you again superlid. I hooked up a volt meter to the 10 amp power supply and it would spike to 16 volts when I would talk. That is when the radio would stop transmitting and BATHI would appear. Man I dont know why I could not translate that into battery hi! Thank goodness the radio had a protection circuit in it. I received my new power supply today, a megawatt 50 amp. I hooked it up and ran a volt meter along with it, no problems. Radio works as it should, no more cutting off. I was a little warry of the megawatt but I think it will be fine. The fan is not very loud at all, you can barely here it running. Very many thanks to superlid again, if not for you I would probably still be trying to figure out what BATHI stood for.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.