• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BIG RED new antron install

how does it look

• good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decent

• bad

• Total voters

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
Heres the bracket used to attach to roof
DSC01761.jpg

Here where we re-inforced the pole so its secure to the house
DSC01764.jpg

and here is final result
antenna.jpg

I think it looks great. 8) If i would cut the tree growing up against the brick wall next to my garage I could add a ground plane kit to my A-99.

is your roof bracket just attched (nailed/screwed) down on top of the roof shingles ? you'll have a leaking roof if it isnt properly flashed or waterproofed . i cant tell if it is or isnt in the pic......just wanted to point out the obvious .

looks nice :rknrl

I'm not going to be critical of the antenna, but in a few years you might find a rotting hole in the area you have the bracket attached to. That install is also likely not near as strong as one might expect, but even so it is something that is subject to wind, weather, and lightning attached to your home and that is never a good combination realizing what can happen.

we sealed up everything all holes going into anything. even where the screws go in to the top bracket with water proof sealer, shouldn't be any rotting at all. everything went in great no one hurt or anything. However we didnt unfortunately get the antenna all the way over the roof to answer your question lords. but i live in ct and i was bombing in on newjersey totally barefooted. so i guess i did something right. a guy in northern jersey just south of the tappanzee bridge if you familiar which is about 40 miles BASE TO Base. ANTRON TO ANTRON. said i was doin about three pounds with smoking audio. thats the thing about my station. i dont move meters for crap most of the time but that audio is smokin. Thanks to Rick up at the CB Shop in Milford (thank you) so basically i go over long island and into jersey

yesterday i had the choice, go downtown and get laid or put up my antron. so i put up my antenna. PRIORITIES MUCH HAHAH

bigred222 said:
we sealed up everything all holes going into anything. even where the screws go in to the top bracket with water proof sealer, shouldn't be any rotting at all. everything went in great no one hurt or anything. However we didnt unfortunately get the antenna all the way over the roof to answer your question lords. but i live in ct and i was bombing in on newjersey totally barefooted. so i guess i did something right. a guy in northern jersey just south of the tappanzee bridge if you familiar which is about 40 miles BASE TO Base. ANTRON TO ANTRON. said i was doin about three pounds with smoking audio. thats the thing about my station. i dont move meters for crap most of the time but that audio is smokin. Thanks to Rick up at the CB Shop in Milford (thank you) so basically i go over long island and into jersey

yesterday i had the choice, go downtown and get laid or put up my antron. so i put up my antenna. PRIORITIES MUCH HAHAH

well hell as long as the swr isn't affect by the setting..now you can go out and get laid! and yes skip is comming in stronger every day..I got down all over yesterday...

Marconi , you arn't critical of the antenna,but you did slam the hell out of the setup...sometimes this forum overcasts a lot of claims of doing this and doing that..remember its about how the owner does it, and that my friend ain't going to stop the working man from doing what he does best...listening to opinions and doing hands on until we grow old and fade away...
if he has lag screws and if all screws and or bolts are sealed not a problem,holding that side mount in..I would make a bet that stays up for quite a while...as for that rotting hole well water running down the mast pipe might bite at it so it would be best to cover the top of the mast pipe as the elements can damage that part of the roof and or discolor it after a while..
good luck and happing DXing

Well Lords, many years ago I didn't believe that putting a CB antenna in the top of an $8000 pine tree in my front yard could possibly cause any problems. Lightning struck and I lost the antenna, the coax, the tree, and about $5000 dollars of other damage to my home. And, that happened on a clear day with the sun shining no bad weather in sight.

If I was critical, then this is why. Plus, if in such a situation you ever have a loss, your homeowner's insurance will be looking at every means possible of not paying you a dime.

222 speaks about priorities, well so was I.

Marconi said:
Well Lords, many years ago I didn't believe that putting a CB antenna in the top of an $8000 pine tree in my front yard could possibly cause any problems. Lightning struck and I lost the antenna, the coax, the tree, and about $5000 dollars of other damage to my home. And, that happened on a clear day with the sun shining no bad weather in sight.

If I was critical, then this is why. Plus, if in such a situation you ever have a loss, your homeowner's insurance will be looking at every means possible of not paying you a dime.

222 speaks about priorities, well so was I.

Yes I can understand why now...but trees have been known in the past to get struck by lightning..(no one can blame the antenna unless there is proof by asking god as he would be the only one to answer that) I don't think that was a wise choice..seeing though the damage.
costed you alot..I myself just out of knowing lightning,wouldn't even think of a tree for a antenna base(no mater what!) just for the odds of it..(costly mistake)..
thank god in the long run it wasn't you or your family..but I do know this :p
I wouldn't be hanging around you for long periods of time knowing that lighting hit around you on a sunny day!
sorry I travel on a positive part of life avoiding mother natures common law! but I do walk under ladders everyday and will break a mirror or kick a black cat any chance I get..lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.