• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

can i run a henry 2k classic on 11 meters

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
I saw a henry 2kw classic online for sale it says it will run on 10 meter's, will it by chance run on 11 meters?

If the Henry can run 10 meters, it can run 11 meters. You could take a lot of heckling from the ham community over that, as they don't like that sort of thing, but it will work. Do so at your own risk. ;)

~Cheers~

It'll work, but I'm sure it's big bucks. If not, then it will take big bucks to get it back to snuff, unless your handy and can fix it up yourself.

90% of the asking price is just because of the Henry name.

Reactions: 2 people
I would set everything up and test it. Then call the local FCC field office for inspection.:whistle:

No just kidding but thats a lot of power don't you have to have some power to drive that amp?

50 - 100 watts drive and a dedicated 220 Volt line is what you need. Remember that the Henry requires a keying relay so you will have to make one or better yet get a HF rig yaeso or a kenwood whic will have the keying circuit or relay jack already on the back of the radio for (exciter) for the ampifier.

AM and FM is hard on these tubes so yes if this is your intentions I would baby it because these tubes are getting pricey ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.