• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3400hp low volume

Edgertont146

Mar 12, 2024
Radio receives good but volume is super low, receive volume and talkback. Turning the volume all the way up makes it decent but not anything like it should be. Any ideas?

Even though it's low, does the volume control change the level any? If not, that would be the first thing I'd check. Have you tried an external speaker? I had a 3600 that I had to replace the EXT SPKR jack in. I couldn't seem to find a new one, but luckily, they're fairly common and I ripped one out of a parts radio.

If stock mic, check the white wire to make sure it hasn't come off. Or temporarily short pin 4 to ground to see if it has a defective switch in the mic.

Check the path between the audio ic and the speaker plug. Those radios have the occasional solder blobs and you might just have something grounding out that shouldn't be. Between pins, traces, transistors capacitors etc, solder side and component side. You'd be surprised. I've found pieces of wire in there before.

Reactions: GlocknSpiel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio