• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRL - Centralab

Naysayer

Mar 6, 2020
New York
Purchased a NOS CRL switch that required over a month of search & wait to find.
There are so many CRL products sold online I assumed there must be datasheets somewhere.

Radio Museum website reports the last company event was the purchase by Philips.
It's hard to believe the company is Kaput, it's CRL crying aloud!

Someone tell me I'm mistaken and point me in the right direction.
neil, NYC

Happy Day!
Seller enclosed the original product enclosure from CRL!
This switch is adjustable (somehow) and now I'd never seen that before.

Attachments

• CRL Rotary Switch.JPG
    CRL Rotary Switch.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: AudioShockwav
Making one six-position rotary switch take the place of 2,3,4 and 5-position parts reduced stocking costs. Just have to break off stubs that decide how many clicks you get. Allowed you to stock one switch and use it to replace any one of five originals.

Central Radio Laboratories changed hands may times over the decades. Up until about 20 years ago they were co-branded with Waldom, and you could still get their stuff. Last I remember the most-recent owner is called "E-Switch" I think. They boosted prices for the ceramic rotary switches through the stratosphere. Ebay and hamfest flea markets have been our major source for a while now.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
This switch was a rare & good find. It has another pole that I can use the last 2-3 positions of. I found it confusing to keep the wires straight & short, started over several times.
Almost ready to power On again, I had swap the roller for larger one, a few other changes. I signed in to post a Zener question and it deserves it's own thread. Thanks Nomad,
neil, NYC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.