• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX picking up!

10FAT/TLA for me. Maybe a short hop for you guys, but thats 5000km for me. Bunch from FL. and LA. Numbers are looking good. If I start to hear things, DX is definitely picking up!

solar101sc.php

DX IS UP IN S TEXAS!!

well.....thing went crazy about 500pm cst here in south texas. all at once the band opened up, wide open!! europe, central/south america, south pacific all at the same time being heard. lasted about 2hrs then europe faded but everyone else stayed strong untill 830pm cst.
heard my first papua new guinea 101 call....as well as moroco 76...west sahara 300 and 131 guyana was not able to get the contacts but signals were strong ....{Cry_river}maybe today
talked with a couple australian stations for an hour as the dx slowed, great contact was the station Terry 43ED066 he is a regular here in south texas....
Dave 43AU001 has a great website with south pacific cold call freqencys listed with email contact list so you can schedule QSO's with the station or country you wish to contact. alpha uniform swl dx radio club check it out the list of cold calling feq's was a great help
divisions i was hearing or contacted inside a couple hours....was amazing
heading to the radio now to ck out todays dx.....:LOL:

s texas DX ya should have been here yesterday!!

went out looking to bag a couple or three/five/10 new countries this afternoon.....got into northern s america, hati, bahamas, jamacia ....could hear 43 41 divisions in the s pacific but they were weak.....ever hear the saying about fishing " ya should have been here yesterday" well it sure was not yesterday{Cry_river} made a few contacts but the band just never opened up for me....nothing in europe...no one in the north east usa??

klondike mike.... i think your right about the north south opening at different times....i could hear s america working pacific stations at the noise level. they were just to weak with my antenna to make a call.....we just need a few more spots on the old sun.

henry i think is right as well....september thru the xmas was great last year.

all that said i just need more metal in the air:mad: i really need one of henry's 4 element yagis......100 feet up.... 300 yards from land out in the gulf of mexico....oppps i woke up musta been dreaming!!!! happy dx guys

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.