• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally got a new soldering station.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
Finally decided on a solder station. I can't believe I have gone all these years without one and instead just used a regular soldering iron or gun. I have a couple irons of different heat outputs but this will be SOOOO much better. It arrived yesterday. It is Chinese but what isn't these days. It has good reviews however. Temperature controlled iron rated at 75 watts, hot air rework station with variable temperature and air flow. It has a variable power supply rated for 0-15 volts at one amp. Good enough for testing small stuff. The voltage display can be switched to read voltage from an external source like the circuit you are working on. There are several different solder tips included as well as several tips for the hot air gun. Not too bad for CDN$149.99 on Amazon. I'll eventually put it to use. Quite possibly soon as I have some recently acquired Heath gear to work on which I have posted about in another thread.

20240106_211050.jpg

20240107_090334.jpg

Did it come with replacement heating elements? Don't worry, I have never burnt one out, just curious. When I got my X-Tronic 5040-XTS-XR3, the ad and manual referred to an included replacement set that the box did not contain. The company honored the ad and sent them, but indicated that they no longer do that.

Whether or not yours has a backup set is a choice you can make, but I had to have one out of fear of not finding it at a later date. Now I see your station uses nearly identical heat gun and iron so maybe they are standardized parts. Thankfully I have not had to find out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.