• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Function generator

Okay, I have my oscilloscope, now I realize I need even more equipment to do much.

I need a way to inject a signal into either a radio or car stereo amplifier etc.... I think I can do the car stereo amplifier stuff with just a CD with some wave files made using wavegen software.

But, how do I inject higher frequency signals into the scope for comparison between channel A and B and / or into the mic/audio circuit of the radio?

I am thinking I need a function Generator, but I know nothing about them. There are TONS of them on ebay, most between $125-$300. What features should I look for?

BTW: my scope is 30Mhz, so I guess a comparable function generator is suffienct (up to 30 Mhz or less) since my scope is 30 Mhz. Though the manual states it will work well above 50 Mhz just not as accurately or something.

thanks for the help!

</p>

Okay, I have my oscilloscope, now I realize I need even more equipment to do much.

I need a way to inject a signal into either a radio or car stereo amplifier etc.... I think I can do the car stereo amplifier stuff with just a CD with some wave files made using wavegen software.

But, how do I inject higher frequency signals into the scope for comparison between channel A and B and / or into the mic/audio circuit of the radio?

I am thinking I need a function Generator, but I know nothing about them. There are TONS of them on ebay, most between $125-$300. What features should I look for?

BTW: my scope is 30Mhz, so I guess a comparable function generator is suffienct (up to 30 Mhz or less) since my scope is 30 Mhz. Though the manual states it will work well above 50 Mhz just not as accurately or something.

thanks for the help!

</p>

Hey that's pretty neat with the mic cord attached there. What did you do, hard wire the leads to the mic cord?

</p>

Hey that's pretty neat with the mic cord attached there. What did you do, hard wire the leads to the mic cord?

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.