• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 95 t2

johne2hotty

Nov 11, 2009
I just got a 95t2 i was told that the finals were volted & limiter was pulled can any one tell me how to put this back to stock condition it don't need to be a 160 watts & very touchy on ssb thanks john

If someone volted the final and pulled the limiter; then they did the NPC/RC mod to it. Because that is part of the mod process. Don't worry about the volting; you don't have to change that.

That radio would do 160w w/o the mod anyway. Used to have a T2 couple of years ago. But what that mod does is make it difficult for SSB to sound right; they tend to sound nasty. This mod emphasizes AM at the cost of SSB quality.

First, find R249 and re-solder it back together if it was clipped or just replace it if it is missing or had been removed.

The other part of the fix is relatively simple. You just put in another AM Limiter transistor (2sc945) back on the board. Easy to get and put in. If you have a junker radio, just take a 945 out of it and put it in the T2. Most modern radios have about a dozen or more of these parts, they are common and cheap if you have to buy. Then re-adjust the AM modulation VR on the board to your liking and you are done. The NPC/RC mod will still work with the AM Limiter put back in; it just won't be as nasty-sounding on SSB any more is all.

That's it . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
A Galaxy 95T will be middle of the road at best on SSB anyway. Unless you work on radio's as a hobby and have a lot of the equipment needed your better off sending it in to a good tech.

The simple way to see if any radio has been clipped is see what the signal looks like on your scope, and then check if the modulation pot still functions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.