• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's Been A Minute ...... Worked Japan on 10 M

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Cycle 25 looking like a boon to everyone wanting to make some great contacts and fill up a logbook. Been a very long time since I worked Japan on the higher bands. Had a nice chat with Tad, JH1HDT in Toyko on 28.465 SSB Wednesday. Good job for me from the east coast with 100 watts on the 160M Loop. Got him on the 3rd call despite him having a pile up.

Went out to do a POTA. Hadn't started calling CQ yet. I was just dialing around and seeing what signals I could hear and answered a bunch of them. One was a Japan station. I wasn't sure if he could hear me but I answered his CQ. He heard me. I was pretty happy to work JL8lPZO and put him in my log and the POTA log.

I was using a Yaesu 450D at 50 watts into a 10 meter ham stick with a mag mount on the roof of my 97 F150. I got him with 5/5 and he got me with 5/3. I think I am going to love 10 meters.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.