• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mfj 259 right at the mobile antenna

cannon. i dont solder a connector every time. i cut, skin the coax. stick the center in the so connector and hold the ground to the threads. reguardless if im toutching the ground i get the same reading with a connector on.

and you do this with 2000 watts?

interesting.
ive never done that, so i cant say what problems might arise from doing it.
im sure others here can and will.
loosecannon

loosecannon,
I seriously doubt if he does that with 2000 watts - LOL. At least, not more than once ;)
- 'Doc

QRN,
The 'mod' for that is listed on that '.de' site in the secret section. There are disadvantages! The analyzer is no longer portable.
- 'Doc

W5LZ said:
QRN,
The 'mod' for that is listed on that '.de' site in the secret section. There are disadvantages! The analyzer is no longer portable.
- 'Doc

You mean I can't run it on the AA batteries any more? :? What if I use the Lithium ion type?

Lithium ion types? You mean the 'polaroid' batteries? (first place I know of them being used) Bunch'a them things to carry around. Only precaution I would advise is don't puncture the casing and get them wet! You really, really won't like what happens - lol.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.