• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mosfet Conversion on a Connex EPT360014B

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.

Remember the diodes are different the banded side goes to the left - looking from front to back rear panel and are you using Zeners too?

94VHPZENERD89D90.jpg

Or more like the AN1230 series with 1N4148s and resistors?

Regards!
:+> Andy <+:

Last edited:
NOT home yet but I have the diodes in like the picture and the diodes they call for. I can tell you the exact diode when I get home.Any other ideas?

IF you're only getting 1 volts to adjust max, then it sounds like a resistor in your divider network between either driver or final is still in - the 1969 ones (Bipolars) used like 47 ohm or so - which you may need to review the jumpers that send RF over FROM Driver TO Finals.

Tinytraces.jpg

Since you're doing the "dual-ly" there may be a jumper or trace you left in there connected...they are tiny...

Click Here to See how Connex Does it

Hope this helps!
Regards!
Drive Safe
:+> Andy <+:

if this is a single final to dual final type of mod, there is a jumper that needs to be added, but isn't in any of the instructions i've seen. JP91? can't remember.
LC

Yesterday was another long day. Didn't get a chance to look at the radio that much. But they're calling for rain this weekend so I don't have to worry about doing yard work ,so I could do radio work instead. I will be at it tonight and tomorrow. I was kind of thinking the exact same thing I left something in or forgot a
jumper. If there's a jumper they didn't mention that's supposed to be in there that's the one I forgot. Only had a quick chance to look at it with a magnifier while eating dinner .Thanks for the help

Thanks guys. Wow I must be brain dead. I was half sleeping when I did the adjustment. Bias is correct.

PART 2.
I was excited about trying this mod. My plan was to first do the final and driver. After all was working correctly I was going to slip in the second final. and make it dual irf520 finals with a 520 driver.
I do not think I will put in the second final and will put the radio back to stock. I am getting 15W PEP on low power and 18W PEP on high power. Very disappointed.

If anyone has tried this before I would love to hear your numbers.
Thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned