• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new toy

w9cll

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jan 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
www.flickr.com
1715047389542.jpeg

I just picked this up a couple of days ago, it's Tidradio H3. This could quite possibly be a Baofeng killer. Here are some highlights:
- Small and light
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Adjustable mic gain with compression
- Long battery life
- USB-C charging
- USB-C Programming
- Supported by Chirp
- Comes in three flavors, ham, GMRS, and unlocked (all three are in the radio and are selectable via keypress at power on)
- Firmware is upgradable but not modifiable
- AM airband RX (not the best but very usable)
- Crossband Repeater
- Three power levels
- and the best part $30...
I am still messing with it, but I am happy with it. It can be programmed via Bluetooth but this is a bit of a misnomer, yes it can but
you must use the OEM software ODMaster on a tablet, phone, or PC.

Nice that it has adjustable mic gain. I had to do the modification to all my baofeng UV-5R radios to bring up the modulation. May have to pick one up soon.

Crossband Repeater
Nice.
I used to have a 580t and 590 that had full duplex crossband.
We used them often camping up in the Sierra when the truck on top of the trailhead could hit the linked repeater below but the low powered hand held from the camp site could not.
It's a useful feature.
For $30?
Can't go wrong there.

Jeff

Reactions: Woody-202
Nice that it added the Air Band, which isn't important to everyone. I'm still using an H6 that does 10 watts (since has been replaced by the H8) This H3 maxes at 5w.

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.