• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need advice powering new M-70 Mic for my Yaesu ft-1000d

moonrakercat

Jan 19, 2024
I've purchased a Yaesu M-70 mic for my older radio - yaseu says I need a m-100 kit or ABB19X001 power supply kit to supply the mic with 5v - I guess my older radio does not have the 5v out. I've checked both of those power supply cables/kits - they are just a plug in usb wall jack with a usb cord connected to a short mic adapter cord.

The above power supply kits will cost me 190 when they are sent to canada - cost + shipping + brokerage - somewhat expensive for a simple 5v usb power supply & cord.

I'm wondering if this is something I can do myself with a usb power supply and cord and just solder it into the mic connector that plugs into the radio - I suppose I'll have to disconnect the mic 5v wires so they don't backfeed into the radio.

I'm just looking for advice - has anyone done this ? I don't want to damage my radio.

Thanks- Matt.

A 5-volt wall wart might work. Though most are not well filtered. Also as mentioned above, the Swans like the Hi-Z mics.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.