• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Now Youre Talking" Question

Big Dog

Sep 4, 2008
Hey there, Im going for my tech. license and I found this manual but
I dont know if this version is too old. Inside the front cover it says this book may be used on tests given until July 1 2001. Is this book out of date? Thanks alot.

Hey there, Im going for my tech. license and I found this manual but
I dont know if this version is too old. Inside the front cover it says this book may be used on tests given until July 1 2001. Is this book out of date? Thanks alot.

You can get the current question pool for all levels at this address.

https://secure.qrz.com/store/w5yi/index.html

Climb in and good luck.

I would suggest also reading a study manual as it helps you to better understand the questions and will be a great learning tool. You can find the recent ARRL study manual at amazon.com at a decent price .

Amazon.com: ARRL Ham Radio License Manual: All You Need to Become an Amateur Radio Operator (Arrl Ham Radio License Manual) (Arrl Ham Radio License Manual): American Radio Relay League: Books

You can just study and memorize the answers to the question pool but the manuals for study will help you better understand what your memorizing . I personally enjoy learning .

The question pool is out of date, but probably 95+% of the info in there is the same that will be on the test. If you already have the book, I'd just read it and then take the practice tests online.

If you actually want to absorb the material the ARRL License manuals are great. If you just want to pass the test, use the online question pool tests and take them until you are consistently getting in the 80's+ and you'll pass.

For General and Extra in particular the pools have changed a lot so you need a current question pool since they changed the last year or two.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.