• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President (Uniden) Harry II Classic?

GLS

Jul 18, 2005
Finland
Hi there!

Does someone have any knowledge of this CB? I'm planning to buy it in near future. I'm operating in Europe, so Harry II has AM/FM mods. But the old Harry (I) has been in markets for several years also in U.S., so I was thinkin' You Sirs have some information about this nice little radio...

http://www.president-electronics.com/ --->English version --->CB radios ---> AM/FM models ...

Is it really multinorm? I wonder it should be then changeable to different EU standards?

Do we then have any knowledge about the possibility to have a modification over Harry II? Powers/channels etc...

Some of the president line looks good. I know I haven;t seen many of them here. But The ones I seen other than the Lincoln were horribly overpriced in my opinion

Thanks, mates!

This Servicedocs pages looks fine. Much new information concerning radio service and mods.:shock:

I agree President models are a bit more pricy, but who else manufacturer is giving a three year warranty for its products? Well, garantee will end when opening a cover for soldering/modification making :roll:

Harry II looks like it is a multinorm. According to Servicedocs: A Dutch operating manual version tells about changing an area code in Europe. But some other modification manual in the same page informs you have to solder/unsolder something from inside. :?:

Thanks, Bunny, but with my learned languages I think I did get most of Dutch version.

I understood that Harry II is a multinorm and if it's not "locked" I could change "land/area" settings just by moving/pushing button(s). I wonder how it is here... is it locked unsoldered, soldered or what?

Also 120 ch mode is pretty easy to do.

We'll see what manual tells here in F. when I'm going to soon by one. :p

yeppee!

So, now I have a new Harry II. It seems to be multinorm, but locked to EU settings (every time I open it, it shows "EU" on the panel). Next step should be soldering/unsoldering businezz if I really need to fix it to another setting. Thanks bunny!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.