• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Roadking RK40

KK4JW

May 18, 2022
Kentucky
Anyone have any info on the Roadking RK40? Not the RK5640 (blue lights, discontinued), but the RK40 that looks like a Uniden PC78? Looking for adjustment/alignment information.

Thanks!

Seems I've answered my own question, just wanted to put some info here for anyone else who may have one of these.

Appears they're manufactured by Uniden. I found the FCC ID on the back of one from a video, and Googled it, finding the FCC test information for it, which included some nice pictures of the board.

While this radio looks like a Cobra 29 / PC78, the board is nothing like what we are used to in those radios.

The final looks to be an IRF520.

Seems to be some adjustments for S/RF meter, final bias, and AM AMC.

Seems I've answered my own question, just wanted to put some info here for anyone else who may have one of these.

Appears they're manufactured by Uniden. I found the FCC ID on the back of one from a video, and Googled it, finding the FCC test information for it, which included some nice pictures of the board.

While this radio looks like a Cobra 29 / PC78, the board is nothing like what we are used to in those radios.

The final looks to be an IRF520.

Seems to be some adjustments for S/RF meter, final bias, and AM AMC.

Didn't reply before because I don't have one of those and couldn't be arsed to look it up. That's some pretty good detective work on your part to start with a video and follow it through to get the info you were after. Beats waiting to be spoon fed like far too many do these days.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.