• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tornado again

Oh man, sorry that happened to you and the 3rd beam too.
I'm glad you all are unharmed though.
I was questioning in my mind about the insurance paying, hopefully.

@lonestarbandit
Fellow neighbor, glad you and yours are OK. Like you said, material crap is replaceable but not human life. You were blessed this round my friend, your family is OK and even the imax!
tornado got me in dec 2021, I know how you feel. We were in bathroom also. took roof off master bedroom corner of house. all the neighbors were demolished but some my house stayed up. i figured out that if you have a carport, the wind will take the whole roof off. i had built the carport into a dining room when i bought the place in 2016, i think that saved it and possibly us. The place across the street where I had the 4 element on 50ft tower in 90s was totally demolished and in the street. we pulled 2 people from the next street over out of that rubble, alive just beat up.

I've been watching some of the storm chasers the last few few days here and there.
I know a lot of them are Adrenaline Junkies but they seem to be another warning device of sorts.
Man I feel for anyone who goes through a tornado.
Ran my dump truck, at the time, in Joplin after that big hit. I don't see how tons of people weren't killed. Couldn't even tell the main street, Rangeline, from anything. They put a little sign out of cardboard up as a street sign, was a waste land scene.

Good news insurance did cover minus depreciation the antenna. Pulled it down unbent it with some heat and some replacement hardware bits and spares.
It's ugly but it's back up and seems to working. I'll set that money aside for a new one if this one comes apart as it may do ultimately.

Good news insurance did cover minus depreciation the antenna. Pulled it down unbent it with some heat and some replacement hardware bits and spares.
It's ugly but it's back up and seems to working. I'll set that money aside for a new one if this one comes apart as it may do ultimately.
That's what I would have done :) took my money and bought a fix er upper in the country (in the path that tornado took but missed it)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.