• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

turner super sidekick

the supersidekick works ok on the lincoln if you like a smooth bassy sound, none of the tin sound of the ceramic turners with the sidekick, some would even say its too warm and bassy, just give it a try see if it suits your voice and radio.

almost 20 years of experiance with these Turner mic's ,still doesn't make me an expert. 1 .The Turner 2s (always called those the Buck Rodgers type desk mic's (for the way they looked) first were Relay type radio (older) wired then they came out with "Switch Kits" for the mic's so they would work on electronic switching radios (newer)) A very good punchy audio more so on the bassy side , was never much on sideband even though they would work. 1. Turner 3s ...very punchy desk mic's ,Very good on AM with less of a bassy sound like the 2s (it sounded very even to me both trible and bass) , like the 2s ,just seemed like to much for sideband ,but would still work.3. The Turner Super Sidekicks ......bassy on AM, not as good as the 3's but the best Sideband mic of them all !! Hence "Turner Super "Side"kick , I think it was a very good money ploy but it truly worked well on sideband unlike the other 2 mic's.......Kind of reminds me of the D-104s ....maybe the kings of AM on audio ,but they would tend to be a bit to much on SSB , but Astatic had others (non amplified) that would work great on Sideband as well as the 10DA heads that could be put on the amplified models , The 10DA heads were AWESOME !! on sideband. (-:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.