• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Way off frequency

roadrage

I have a Galaxy 95t2. About a week ago I flipped over to LSB mode and my radio's frequency started climbing. It planed out at over 29 Mhz. I tried changing the channel selector and my freq counter didn't move. I turned the clarifiers and no change in frequency. I turned my mode switch to AM and the radio was back on frequency and everything operated normal. I flipped it back to LSB and right back up over 29 Mhz. So I put the mode selector in USB and the radio went back on frequency and everything operated normal. I turned off the radio.

The next morning I turned the radio on and everything operated normal. The radio performed well and operated as it should for a week until this morning. I turned it on in AM mode and it shot up to 29.1667 Mhz. Only now every mode is the same except USB. The channel selector is almost unresponsive except in USB. AM, LSB, and FM are all out of whack. This is why I hate buying used radios. Too bad they don't make these radios anymore and I wouldn't have had to buy one second hand.

Looks like trip #3 to DTB. I am up to $90 shipping & ins. cost on this radio sending it for repair. Not to mention $100 in repair. This is getting expensive.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.