• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What kind of antenna is this ?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
What antenna is this ?

Sent from my SCH-i605 on Verizon 4G LTE.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367522036131.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367522036131.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 182

I believe there was a conversation about these in another post a few months back Im trying to remember who was talking about these.

It was on four rusted mag Mounts. neat looking

I don't think TWC dabbles with BPL. I also wouldn't say BPL leaks. It just radiates.

Rf leaks ? Neato !

I'm in camarillo,ca chilling roasting some marshmellas this fire is krazy !

Last edited:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367528511927.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367528511927.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 173
There is a name for that crazy antenna When I lived in West Bend Wisconsin I had a neighbor that was a head person for Charter Communications and he had one of these on his big work truck and actually helped me with solving an unbarable Hash and Trash noise floor I was getting in my radios recieve that I couldnt figure out.

He approached me at a school Christmas concert that our kids were performing and asked me if I was getting noise through my radio antennas I said I was and it was horrible!! He told me everyday when hese driving past going to and coming home from work his meter the antenna was hooked to would go off the scale and then told me what it was and what to do and tell the power company. It was fixed within 2 days!!!

He told me to tell the power company it was either a bad insulator or lightning arrestor and it was a lightning arrestor ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: