• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

when did yaesu stop 3 year

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
warrenty on mics?
my 2980 mic got to where holding key tight it would key n unkey.
opened it up sprayed electronic cleaner did very little. so called yaesu , the radio has 1 year warrenty left. was told 1 year on mics
6 months ago i sent a radio in and it was shipped back with new mic n paper saying mic was the problem. and it was the female coupler for the mic cause it was hooked up same problem .
i never had a decent warrenty fix from yaesu but thats my observation n opinion

warrenty on mics?
my 2980 mic got to where holding key tight it would key n unkey.
opened it up sprayed electronic cleaner did very little. so called yaesu , the radio has 1 year warrenty left. was told 1 year on mics
6 months ago i sent a radio in and it was shipped back with new mic n paper saying mic was the problem. and it was the female coupler for the mic cause it was hooked up same problem .
i never had a decent warrenty fix from yaesu but thats my observation n opinion
Yeah, I got hosed on my M-1 as well. 1 month out of warranty, (1 year) I had to send it on because the EQ wasn't working right. Cost me nearly $300.00 to repair it. A $650.00 mic and lasts one year. Another $300 to repair. I'm still pissed about this one.

Reactions: Rwb
Yeah, I got hosed on my M-1 as well. 1 month out of warranty, (1 year) I had to send it on because the EQ wasn't working right. Cost me nearly $300.00 to repair it. A $650.00 mic and lasts one year. Another $300 to repair. I'm still pissed about this one.
Well they sure broke it off in us didnt they?

Kinda narrows who sells me my next radio

Reactions: Greg T
Greg if you ever get to try a Heil headset and utilize the VOX circuit on SSB you may like it. I did 35 years ago and never looked back. I don't know which rig you are using, but if it has a monitor circuit that is icing on the cake. I have no plans to ever own a desk mic.

Reactions: Rwb and Greg T
Greg if you ever get to try a Heil headset and utilize the VOX circuit on SSB you may like it. I did 35 years ago and never looked back. I don't know which rig you are using, but if it has a monitor circuit that is icing on the cake. I have no plans to ever own a desk mic.

The reason I haven't is because the mic I'm using has the 9 band EQ on it. I have an AKG headset that I used on stage and could easily use that if I wanted to take my mixer downstairs. But that's such a pain in the ass. Fabbing up a keying button is no biggies, and the mixer has phantom power, so that's no issue. I just don't know if I want to go through the hassle. I liquidated all my HF stuff last year and only kept the Stryker 955 and the Texas Star DX-500, and the Diawa meter and dummy load. I'm getting such stellar audio reports now that I hate to screw with anything. This is what I have now:

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 26
  • ysu_m_1_xl.jpg
    ysu_m_1_xl.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Keto, DRay and Rwb
The reason I haven't is because the mic I'm using has the 9 band EQ on it. I have an AKG headset that I used on stage and could easily use that if I wanted to take my mixer downstairs. But that's such a pain in the ass. Fabbing up a keying button is no biggies, and the mixer has phantom power, so that's no issue. I just don't know if I want to go through the hassle. I liquidated all my HF stuff last year and only kept the Stryker 955 and the Texas Star DX-500, and the Diawa meter and dummy load. I'm getting such stellar audio reports now that I hate to screw with anything. This is what I have now:
so far my stryker 955 i get you sound great from all but 1 person i now ignor .he tells us WE got to add power bla bla then says he has loud noise floor

Wow 600-800 for a mic. I really like the EQ on it, too bad it wasn't 200-300 and worked on an ICOM 718 or 7300.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.