• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P resetting itself randomly

be4fw

Aug 8, 2011
Hi all,

Since a couple of months i use a wouxun KG-UVD1P but since i couple of weeks this radio started acting wierd. Totally random all the settings are back to default at power on (but ONLY the settings, not the programmed channels). I tried everything possible. Blank programming etc etc etc nothing helps. Anyone who has this problem too?

greets

Nope, never seen that one before. Have you tried updating to the latest firmware?

Hello Moleculo,

AFAIK the firmware in these radios cannot be updated. At least i cannot find any tools to do this. Was searching a bit fursther today and it seems more and more people are reporting this (in the Yahoo group)

Has anyone found the solution to this problem?

My Wouxun kg-uvd1p also keeps resetting all the settings, it's driving me crazy!

I tried looking for a lithium PCB backup battery that would save the settings when the radio was powered off but could not see one when I took the covers off

Has anyone tried various master re-sets etc?

I thought it was me who was unlucky and had a dodgy radio but this looks like a common problem

It worked OK for about a year or so, just enough for any warranty to expire

Last edited:
Problems with Wouxan radios,etc

I guess that all produced radios for Amateur Radio(or cb) have some kind of problems.

Even back in the Old-Days Heath Kits and all of the others had problems.

Evan the assembled ones when you bought um.. Back then their names started with a C or an H.(etc)

Back then, you could change tube types with something else. Or a simple Screen Grid resistor, etc. or an N750 temp cap in a oscillator.

Nothing has changed. With the computer craze we have today, we are at the mercy of those who build our radios.

So I conclude. Pray that you "git" a good rig.

Marty T.

Are you sure that there isn't a menu setting designed to shut the radio off after a certain time period if it hasn't been used?

I know the Baofeng has a power saving setting in the menu.
Never bought or used the Wouxun - can't say . . .

Dont think it is a menu setting as it has been working fine for the last year and now every other time I turn it on it resets to default settings, looks like component failure to me

Same problem here. Problem start after two years on the KG-UVD1P. Im not sure i will buy a Wouxun again :-(

I have 14 of the KG-UVD1P radios that I use for Theatre and live event gigs. No problems from 13 of them, but one started losing its mind and reverting to factory default settings, including frequency programming. I searched and found an article that says the problem is due to a cheap memory IC, which can be replaced, albeit with a lot of effort as well as some specialized surface-Mount soldering gear. The bottom line seems to be that it’s cheaper to toss the radio and buy a new one, unless you have the skills and time to replace a $4 chip. Here’s a link to the article:

i been leery of that brand,but thats my thought

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.