• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-102 Malcomized

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
]
Malcomized Yaesu FT-102

...............................................................................................................​

For sale I have a Malcomized YAESU FT-102 done by Mal, NC4L. I don't believe I need to go into a lot of details about the radio because if your're looking at it you know some what about it. This ft-102 is a virgin lol. Meaning Radio has not had the golden screwdriver inside or has it been hacked up like alot of them. From someone trying to get 27 Mhz. I bougth the radio from a lady who's huband had passed away. He used it on 20 meters /cw only. He had a Yaesu Ft-1000 for his main radio (Serial number is 2H-010947) and first run JUNE of 1982.

As far as I know from all the documents and receipts that came with the radio, Mal has done all the update mods along with other work done. There is no corrosion anywhere inside. The 102 is in great working order. It also comes with a Yaesu MD-1b8 microphone with manual.This radio covers 160 thru 10 meters (AM, FM, CW, and SSB, Has Ge jan tubes). Uses-1 12by7a 3 6146's in the final drive stage Match set. Tubes look brand new but I don't know how old they are. All coils inside the Pa compartment including the choke are clean. Comes with the am filter, 2/ ssb filters and 2 /cw filters installed.

Here is the answer to the question that most people ask, yes it has the rare, (almost impossible to find) am/fm board. All the relays have been replaced, all lights work, there is no static from controls or switches in Front panel and rear panel connectors and controls work. The frequency counter segments all light and the freq counter shaft used for changing frequencies is straight and turns smooth.

Please make sure you know how to properly tune up the radio for transmit:

When you go to tune up remember the "10 second rule" where you do NOT key down for MORE THAN ten seconds.
Then key up for 15 seconds for every 10 seconds on time when tuning up.

Included with this radio is a folder containing modifications, documentation of work performed by Mal and payment receipts from previous owner.

Asking price is $875 including shipping. One similar to this sold on eBay for over $900 Nov 18, 2012. UPS ground with Delivery Confirmation. If you would like to have it insured please let me know. Radio will be shipped inside the two original radio shipping boxes and then placed inside a third outer box. PayPal gift ONLY and shipping ONLY to LOWER 48 states. PayPal invoice will be sent to let you know of payment.

I will not be held responsible for any damages from improper use of this radio equipment. I would hate to see this well taken care of radio end up in the radio grave yard due to miss use or miss tuning of this radio equipment. As with all 31 year old electronic equipment this is being sold as is. Won't be DOA.

Please feel free to ask questions and also check out my feedback on here and ebay under cbkidd.

To see more images including the list of work performed by Mal click this link:
Yaesu FT-102 Photos by cbkidd | Photobucket

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned