• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

11 meters today for me. ______________________________ :cautious:

So I disconnected and stacked my radios on the floor, tore down parts of my station and made some changes and had it put back together by supper time. Bored bored bored...
I do like the way it turned out. A lot cleaner look than before.

I was in the shop working on a new project most of the day. Nothing but static on every channel. But then at about 4pm I heard 609 out of Texas. Old Brad was running his weekly radio roundup on ch 37. 5 to 7 and loud. When I turned my RF Gain up he was in the red. His 5 element and my 4 element were both on the flat side and were hooked up solid for 20 minutes or so, and then he vanished. I could just barely hear him say that I had faded out on his end too.

Didn't have much time for radioin' today, but clicked on the cobra around noon and hooked up with WR754 in the California high desert. "Ralphie" and I talked a lot 10 years ago, but this was the first time this cycle. Booming 9+ signal into Colombia. Good half hour QSO before conditions started to fade. A nice trip down memory lane.

- J.J. 399

Stick or automatic ?? I feel better now. I'm not the only one with a cluttered shop. Lotsa CB stuff on the shelves, just like here. Good luck with the truck.

J.J.
It is a 5 speed stick, and it must be a lot of fun to power shift. It has been replaced twice, and now the motor twice. He said that he is tired of working on it, hopefully that means he is tired of breaking it. But he is getting really good at fixing it, so he has skills to enjoy some day when he gets a son......

I feel better now. I'm not the only one with a cluttered shop.
Your not the only one with a cluttered shop. I have a nice shop with all kind of tools and no time to get organized because I'm always behind the 8 ball running from 0ne job to the next. I'm trying to get hooks put on the bucket of my Kubota so I can remove my steel cellar way doors so I can fill it with coal but have to prep the tractor first and have 4 yards of top soil coming on Friday. But working between the storms so have to run to get my eyes examined tomorrow while it's raining. Getting organized is a lazy man's Dream. LOL !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.