• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Major Solar Storm hitting Earth!!!

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
FB_IMG_1715389243237.jpg

I was watching, I believe it was a NOAA video on YouTube BNO News was the channel.
Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Lots of reported sighting of the Aurora Borealis here in Nova Scotia last night. Lots of pix on FB. Didn't see any myself, had to go to bed due to work and my location is quite low with hills around me so anything low on the horizon gets missed.

Screenshot_20240511-053510.png
Sounds like this weekend ahead for Radio time and Dxing is going to be a washout due to the conditions above,I heard that some more Solar Storms might hit Earth in the coming days ( smaller ones) Still I'm planning on firing up the Ranger on Sunday after 2pm and will be listening on 38 and 40 LSB to try to see if I can possibly make some contacts!!

73's

Reactions: GlocknSpiel
Absolutely weird conditions on the radio last night with the huge solar storm going on.
Stations from all across the upper central U.S. and Canada sounding like they were underwater. Stations further south coming through clearly. Expected a complete radio blackout but instead the band was hopping !
Had contacts in Idaho, Wyoming, Saskatchewan, Colorado, Utah, and Manitoba before I turned off the radio and went to the beach to watch the aurora. Totally dead band when I got home at 2am. Some weak signals making it in from California this morning but that's about it so far.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That was a big one! It may have been a coiniky-dink, but it may be what got my main computer last night. I came in here this morning and my radio's computer had locked-up... Since 2015, this was a 'first'.
I had to unplug and reboot both computers. The main computer came up in BIOS, and the settings were all defaulted. I had to restart the "Geochron 4K" clock box too. A real PIA ---- And all "BC" too! (That's Before Coffee)
It's gonna be a long, hot Summer!

Last edited:
Okay guys I'm hearing the prepper say that you better get the sensitive Electronics in Faraday cages due to EMP's from this.
Is there anything to this are you fellas concerned?

• Wow
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.