• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What desk mic to use?

That's a niche that hasn't quite been fulfilled in the cb world since the infamous Astatic d-104 variants. I myself have tried many but haven't found one I loved yet. I think the president is in similar shoes as the anytone bunch, not much else can do what the stock electret can do. Those are my findings so far.

Some here do like the Delta desk mics or the zetagi, Ive owned and sold the zetagi but I can't speak on the delta.

That's a niche that hasn't quite been fulfilled in the cb world since the infamous Astatic d-104 variants. I myself have tried many but haven't found one I loved yet. I think the president is in similar shoes as the anytone bunch, not much else can do what the stock electret can do. Those are my findings so far.

Some here do like the Delta desk mics or the zetagi, Ive owned and sold the zetagi but I can't speak on the delta.
It would be nice if they designed a nice desk mic that was basically the same as their stock mic but just as a desk mic. This is something that should be approached with a 3d printer.

Those Chinese President radios use electret mics so what ever mic you use, be sure NOT to wire up pin 6 which carries 5v current.

Ham radio electret mics I know of require 8v so those may not work too good on President radio's.

You could use some ingenuity and power an electret Icom SM-30 to a 9v battery which 1 volt over shouldn't hurt anything.

What would be a good desk mic match for the Lincoln 2 +. I am tired of the handheld mic.
A local guy runs this mic with his Lincoln II and it sounds great. I have one on an Icom 718 and really like it as well. They come in gold, black, and chrome.
(lol just saw the post above as well)

A local guy runs this mic with his Lincoln II and it sounds great. I have one on an Icom 718 and really like it as well. They come in gold, black, and chrome.

My brother just started running that Mic on his quad six, I have to say I am impressed with the sound.
Every other Mic he has tried fell short but this one is good so far.

Jeff

That mic has runs off an external 9v battery. The Lincoln supplies 5v on pin 6.

That wire on pin 6 needs to be disconnected. Then it should be ok.

M2 Delta desktop Mic is the one that I use,love it and have gotten great reports from other operators!!
I had the low side turned down for a 2watt dk. It seems when the radio is turned down the modulation goes up. Local shop told me I need to have some mod done to the radio in order to run a decent amplified desk mic. Did you require any work to your radio in order to sound good. I have been reading about the M2 and another guy in my UDX group uses one on his quad 6 and the mic sounds great.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
I had the low side turned down for a 2watt dk. It seems when the radio is turned down the modulation goes up. Local shop told me I need to have some mod done to the radio in order to run a decent amplified desk mic. Did you require any work to your radio in order to sound good. I have been reading about the M2 and another guy in my UDX group uses one on his quad 6 and the mic sounds great.
No, however I turned down my Mic gain to 6 on the Radio and keep the Mic set at 8!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowDelaware

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.