• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

X50c2 diamond vhf/uhfantenna

I’ll see your tuned for commercial (I didn’t pay attention as usual) and I’ll raise you this one.

Which I think is the same antenna actually.
I’m trying to find one with a spread wide enough to cover 2m/frs and 70cm/gmrs. I’m using a jpole now. Does fine. Just looking. Might not do me any better. I dunno.

I dunno. I don’t know that I’ll really improve over what I have in place already. I’ve a tram vhf ground plane because I wasn’t planning on doing any 70cm. Now I’m playing with it so I made a jpole for a dual band. Both feed points are the same height and on 2m there’s some difference but not too much. However the jpole will work gmrs and 70 so now I have 2 up. It’s using coax that was for the other radio. But will a bought dual band be any better than the 3/8 all thread jpole?

16949773939049025816238136423888.jpg

Looks like above 450Mhz would not work as the swr would be too high. Sorry.

Reactions: Cable Guy

Anyone tried one for vhf/uhf base operations? Thoughts, opinions so on??
I am currently using one as my base antenna. They're excellent antennas. They do have limitations, just as all antennas do in some way. My issue isn't so much the antenna as it is my distance from repeaters. As for being used in urban areas, versus rural, it's perfect. But just remember what the gain of the antenna is, versus what you need in an antenna for distance. In some way or another you'll suffer from wanting one thing and needing something else. The need is more important than the want!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1