• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1/4 Watt

Pork Chop

May 26, 2010
Ok how many of you have had contact with 1/4 watt in SE Florida? I'm in SE Wisconsin and hear and talk to him almost every time DX is rollin. 3825 SE WI.

That is indeed very good
But when skip is rolling good..i have done a lot of DXing on 1/10 watt

it is harder to dx with extremely low power..
but i enjoy doing so

Ok how many of you have had contact with 1/4 watt in SE Florida? I'm in SE Wisconsin and hear and talk to him almost every time DX is rollin. 3825 SE WI.

i can hear him anytime, he's only about 5 miles away from me.:D

BTW, he is NOT in SE fl, he is in SW fl. the port charlotte/englewood area.

My grandfather could pick him self up standing in a #3 wash tub now top that.:love:

Mine walked 20 miles to school wading through neck deep snow, no matter the season, uphill, both ways.

"I've talked with no power, the radio wasn't even on."

Back in the early 70's...
on good old 23 channel cb..

I used to get contact on my radio..even when it was off..
I was dumb founded at it for a bit...
but then realized my friend who was splashing over my off radio..did so simply because the bottom of his antenna was maybe 4 ft from the top of mine..lol

We lived in an apartment building...he was on 5th floor and i was on 3rd floor..
both out antennas were sticking out the window ( i was using some type of car antenna screwed into the window frame...while my friend was using sort of a big stick type antenna..but instead of bottom fed it was center fed )

Those were good times though....LOL

"I've talked with no power, the radio wasn't even on."

Back in the early 70's...
on good old 23 channel cb..

I used to get contact on my radio..even when it was off..
I was dumb founded at it for a bit...
but then realized my friend who was splashing over my off radio..did so simply because the bottom of his antenna was maybe 4 ft from the top of mine..lol

We lived in an apartment building...he was on 5th floor and i was on 3rd floor..
both out antennas were sticking out the window ( i was using some type of car antenna screwed into the window frame...while my friend was using sort of a big stick type antenna..but instead of bottom fed it was center fed )

Those were good times though....LOL

Mine never happened.

It was simply a joke in reference to one up man ship.

Like the Four Yorkshire-men

The "first liar doesn't stand a chance" sort of thing.

Now excuse me while I work interplanetary DX with my cats whisker.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.