• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10kc mod

pat

Mar 20, 2006
hi . on the cbtricks.com they show a mod. for the galaxy 959. it's called the 10kc mod. what will this mod do for me. and is it a good mod to perform. thanks pat

There are 7 channels in between 1 thru 40 , the 10kc mod will give you those , if your radio is modded for more channels it will also give you more channels.

Switch Kit said:
There are 7 channels in between 1 thru 40

There are only 5.

3A = 26.995
7A = 27.045
11A = 27.095
15A = 27.145
19A = 27.195

It can be fun working on these channels and getting away from the crowds!

Back in the 23 channel days, there were:

22A = 27.235 (now channel 24)
22B = 27.245 (now channel 25)

Master Chief said:
3A = 26.995
7A = 27.045
11A = 27.095
15A = 27.145
19A = 27.195

It can be fun working on these channels and getting away from the crowds!

It's a somewhat risky proposition to operate there. Since the frequencies are currently (and actively) used by RC toys and various commercial telemetry devices, the frequencies are closely watched for intruders.

That doesn't stop people from operating on them, as many of the FCC Enforcement Bulletins will attest ...

N8YX said:
It's a somewhat risky proposition to operate there. Since the frequencies are currently (and actively) used by RC toys and various commercial telemetry devices, the frequencies are closely watched for intruders.

That doesn't stop people from operating on them, as many of the FCC Enforcement Bulletins will attest ...
Show me ONE bulletin in the last 10 years that busted anyone for talking on the "A" channels.

The ARRL's 'summary' doesn't show any (at least, dating back to late 2003), but I'm pretty certain there are a few on the FCC's EB site itself - one mentioning 27.145 and the other 27.195. One of these cites was issued to a licensed ham.

There were a number of hams who got popped for freebanding in the 2000-2004 timeframe, but one cannot readily locate that data on the ARRL site due to its being "reformatted". Head over to QRZ and have a look at a thread in the 'Q & A' forum regarding this. For example, I once saw where an N5 had been cited for operation on 27.585...you think you can easily find the EB when needed?

(Personally, I don't care what you folks do. But please use a bit of caution and common sense if you're going to bootleg...)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.