• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

You'll be amazed what you can hear if you listen to 27.555 USB and nearby channels. There is an internationally recognized (by 11 meter ops) callsign system up there, with 352 divisions worldwide. Divisions are mostly countries, plus some islands have their own divisions. I have attached the DXCC callsign prefix list to this post....

Station callsigns have the division number first, followed by a club or self-assigned letter combo, then your numbers. See my callsign in my signature for an example.
Enjoy !

Attachments

• DXCC prefixes 2023.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Conditions booming up here this morning. Hearing Spain, France, Caribbean and even South Africa on 555. Channels 36 to 42 all full of stations too.......
Hoping it stays this way for the weekend and that forecast is wrong !

Conditions booming up here this morning. Hearing Spain, France, Caribbean and even South Africa on 555. Channels 36 to 42 all full of stations too.......
Hoping it stays this way for the weekend and that forecast is wrong !
That would be great!!
I'll be home by 1:30 today and will check on my end.

Reactions: Rwb
Well it was fun while it lasted. Made some good contacts.
Some colossal dick on 555 with a non-stop "CQDX" recording now, just like the 111111 guy who is going strong on 38. The usual suspects going at it on 425.
Had enough of that BS so I'm shutting off the radio and doing other things now...........

I tell you they're replicating. I genuinely don't get what these tortured, friendless souls get out of blocking coms. I can appreciate the random "squish dummy" or "shut up stupid" but the endless transmitting of blocking signals just for the purpose of ruining everyone else's fun....I'm guessing these are what the high school bullies grew up to be.

Last edited:
.I'm guessing these are what the high school bullies grew up to be.
Personally, I think that they are a bunch of little pip-squeeks who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. The only thing they can do is ACT big behind a keyboard or mike where they don't have to face someone. One day what they are doing will come back on them . . . hard.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned