• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Just got home from a late lunch,thought I would fire up the Ranger and see if 16 LSB is active today,went and stopped on 38 LSB and it was humming with activity,at least up my way in central PA,I'll probably go back and forth between 38 and 16,hope all of my Radio Friends are doing well out there,take Care and God Bless!!

73's

Nice little setup with the retro SSB CB you have,is that from the late 60's ,early 70's I'm thinking???, Really like the dipole antenna as I'm sure it captures a lot of DX out there!

73's
Thanks! It's about a 1978 I believe. Gemtronics GTX-77 that as far as I know has never been tuned, modded, or even opened. Get's good audio reports and yeah the inverted V is working pretty good out on my brothers deck. I'd be surprised if it's even swinging 12 watts lol. I feel like I'm fishing for a whale with a 1/4 ounce jig but hey those few contacts are gold, Roger?

I haven't been on the radio much in the past week, but I seem to make up for it today. Conditions were good and I made 25 to 30 contacts, give or take...
My last contact was 725 Florida. We had a pipeline between us and a good qso for about 20 minutes.
Did I hear you out there Chris? I thought I heard 808.
All in all, a good day for radio.

I haven't been on the radio much in the past week, but I seem to make up for it today. Conditions were good and I made 25 to 30 contacts, give or take...
My last contact was 725 Florida. We had a pipeline between us and a good qso for about 20 minutes.
Did I hear you out there Chris? I thought I heard 808.
All in all, a good day for radio.
Yes sir, good hearing you in there. I pulled the Lincoln out of the box and was function checking it before I put it in the truck. I must have been in your noise floor with my 40w, so many big stations running power. I heard you again sometime later, but I was headed out the door. We will try it again next time.
Chris

Reactions: Brother DXer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.